Monday, October 7, 2013

Live-Blogging My 50th Birthday -- A Wonderful Surprise!

When I got back from my meanderings around town, I walked into the house and immediately knew something was different. It was CLEANER. I caught my breath. "Somebody cleaned," I whispered. I walked over to the dining table, and then I saw Annabelle in the kitchen, scrubbing away. My mouth dropped open. "You're cleaning!" I cried. "Oh my gosh!"  She said, "Well, I didn't have any other present for you."

I began looking around and I saw that the living room floor looked newly vacuumed, the computer table, which had accumulated all kinds of mess and dust, was sparkly clean, the kitchen counters were clean, and all the dishes from the dishwasher put away. The bathroom sink had been cleaned. I was so amazed. I kept finding areas that looked better because she had worked on them. Not only had Annabelle cleaned, but she had put real thought into it. She had gone above and beyond. What a wonderful birthday present! 

No comments:

Post a Comment