Monday, March 9, 2009

Heirloom

Bjork and her son Sindri in Iceland.

Since I haven't had time to work on anything for my blog, I am posting the lyrics to one of my favorite Bjork songs, titled "Heirloom" off her Vespertine CD. I love the idea of the glowing lights, and the image of the trapeze workers.

I have a recurrent dream
Everytime I lose my voice
I swallow little glowing lights
My mother and son baked for me

And during the night
They do a trapeze walk
Until they're in the sky
Right above my bed
While i'm asleep
My mother and son pour into me
Warm glowing oil
Into my wide open throat

I have a recurrent dream
Everytime i feel a hoarseness
I swallow warm glowing lights
My mother and son baked for me, oh
They make me feel so much better
They make me feel better

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love this song too. --Makes me feel better. I really like the picture--Bjork and Sindri are saying, "Come to Iceland!" Oh I would, I would.

    ReplyDelete