Thursday, January 8, 2009

These Crows Make Me Happy



Omigod, I found the crows, the "counting crows" from Sesame Street. About ten years ago, when my kids were really small and I was bleary-eyed and numb from hours of Barney and Blue's Clues, these crows came on TV and gave me the will to live again. When you are surrounded by wall to wall kiddie culture and feeling like a mom-blob, you have immense appreciation for anything that speaks to your adult sensibilities in some way. These crows had an indie rock sound and sang about "beautiful numbers" and "counting in the dark night." One of the hippest things I've seen on kiddie TV. At one point I had taped this segment along with other stuff on Sesame Street, but I could never find it again, even after searching through hours of episodes on my home-recorded VHS tapes. But I have found them at last. Thank God for YouTube!

3 comments:

  1. I just counted the toasters in my kitchen -- yep, there's one. I have one toaster. Now I am ready to conquer the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the counting make you feel SO HAPPY?

    I counted the toasters in my kitchen too ---I couldn't get past the number zero. Because it turns out there are none. I have no toasters. I have to use the oven if I want to toast a bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! Man, Rita looks the same...
    I have a toaster/microwave--it's called a toastwave--does that count?!
    I still toast in the oven too. :)

    ReplyDelete