Monday, January 12, 2009

What Winter Has Reduced Me To


Wow I can't believe how good the bowl of tomato soup I just had was! It was so good I can't get over it. I had bought the primo stuff -you know, Campbell's--because it was on sale, not the usual Best Chance/Crap Shoot brand and I used all milk instead of water. And I threw in some gobs of cheese. Omigod it was ambrosia. My eyes nearly crossed. Gad, now I know what kind of old lady I'm going to be. The kind who eats the same kind of soup every day. I've been hitting the tomato soup pretty hard lately, you see. So I've already turned into one of those people. The kind you see loading up their cart with ten cans of soup. Or who drives to IHOP every day and orders the same meal.
And no, I didn't put up an image of Andy Warhol's tomato soup cans, because that's such a cliche. Yawn. Though now I'm beginning to understand his obsession.

6 comments:

  1. You left out the grilled cheese sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches --now that's living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god that sounds good. I love that combo. I always leave my Campbell's Tomato Soup out like a piece of art. See the good that Andy brought to the poor people? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I love this post. It's warm and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or what winter has condensed you to :) Heehee!

    ReplyDelete