Friday, January 2, 2009

The Upper Right-Hand Position of January 2009

What's that fishman pouring into the clouds? I hope it's not more "wintry mix". He needs to get out of there. What's he doing in the picture anyway?

In my mental calendar, I always picture January at the far upper-right hand side, with the months February, March, April and May following, going from right to left. Then I picture June, July and August dropping down in a vertical line on the far left-hand side. I see September through December going from left to right at the bottom of the calendar. Perhaps this is universal. How do other people picture the months in their mind?

2 comments:

  1. I like your conception of the calendar, but if you think it's universal, dear sister, you are smokin' crack. Me, I see it as a linear thing, like a road receding into the fog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! Love the new look. Warmth and excitement. But, uh, what?! How do you picture the calendar? Hmmm...I guess I picture it: Jan thru June, horizontal and right to left. and then underneath those six months: July thru December same was as above. How boring! I kind of feel like your mental calendar is not universal. That's a good thing--I bet mine is more common. Boring! :) Love the black and white pictures of campfires--thrilling!!!

    ReplyDelete