Saturday, March 2, 2013

Some snowmen I have met


Driving to work the other day, I saw a snowman and thought, "Hey I know this guy!"  He had the same disproportionally big head and drippy fangs that my kids drew on people when they were little.

Of course I had to get out of my car and say hello. He welcomed me with open arms.
 


 I was a little more hesitant about approaching this next guy. He looked somewhat feral, like he snuck into the neighborhood when nobody was looking.  Still, I embrace all snowmen and snow women.....





.......Including the gay and transgender ones




Back in December, I came upon this bedraggled troupe --spectres of some apocalyptic hell forced into a display of Christmas cheer. I felt bad for them, but they were okay with it. "It's what we do," they said.    




3 comments:

  1. you made me laugh out loud again, simone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outer Space AlienMarch 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM

    Why earth person is does ice effigies this thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outer Space Alien,

    WELCOME BACK!!! Have not heard from you in a long time, old friend. Did you catch a ride on the asteroid? Are there more asteroids coming?

    To answer your question, the effigies stir warm feelings from seeing someone who is less powerful than us.

    ReplyDelete