Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Drew Carey Finds Secret To Life On Price Is Right

When Drew Carey was interviewed on the Tavis Smiley show on PBS, he shared surprising revelations gleaned from his hosting gig on the Price is Right:

Carey: .....Everybody at the [show]- I tell this to audiences all the time - find this in another Hollywood place, another TV audience--They're rooting for strangers to do well. They're, like, screaming for them to win the money, helping them out and screaming for, and that's almost like, I found, like, the secret to life right there is, like, wanting strangers to do well.


Tavis: To do well.


Carey: Yeah. And they don't even know them; they've got nothing to do with them...

..It's one thing to have a theory, and then you see it in action and everybody walks out so much happier. And I tell them, I go, "My proof of what I'm saying, that if you want the best for others and treat others with love that it blesses your life, my proof is how good you feel right now and how happy you are when you walk out of the (unintelligible).

Tavis: But is it really the love or the new car?


Carey: It's the love. (Laughter) People in the audience are feeling good. They didn't win a new car. And you don't get the car till the show airs. (Laughter)

Tavis: Do you find - I've been dying to ask you this - do you find that it's a perfect platform for Drew Carey's funny to come out, or do you find yourself pulling back on your funny on "The Price is Right?"

Carey: You know what it's perfect for? It's a perfect opportunity for Drew Carey's love to come out. Like, that's the key to the whole show.

Tavis: I like that.

Carey: That's the most - you can't believe how love-infested that - it sounds crazy coming from me, because I'm a comic. But it really is like a spiritual...(unintelligible)

Tavis: So if I come down and watch you tape one day a week, I ain't got to go to church on Sunday?

Carey: You don't have to go to church anyway, you can pray - you're supposed to pray in private. (Laughter)


Tavis: I'm not going to church Sunday. Bishop, you ain't going to see me Sunday, I'm going to "The Price is Right" on Friday.



2 comments:

  1. Nice and colourful. That is what we're here for: to scream for strangers to do well. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cloak lady and ancient artifact.

    ReplyDelete