Monday, September 16, 2019

I Drink Alone



here is a meeting

looks important

so many drinks

these people are thirsty

empty bottles, cups down to the last drop

I've been to meetings

many people bring drinks

water, coffee, tea bags hanging

but no one drinks them

this I have observed

no one drinks

the mug, the sports bottle

mere vanity objects

staking claims

"Oh Jana was sitting there, that's her cup

(she went to make photocopies)

personal beverage containers

an array, untouched

a power play

dominance over thirst

who will blink (drink) first?

in a corner of that room

I'm losing my pen

losing the thread

of a discussion that's moved into some dry hinterland without me

as I furtively sip

the coffee I brought

action steps to be taken

Wait, what was my boss just saying?

1 comment: