Monday, September 4, 2017

What's wrong with this picture?


Nothing, that I can see.

Here's what's right:

Iggy and Waits in a booth. I MEAN....
Bottomless coffee
Sturdy-looking coffee cups
Smoking. Inside. (note the accomodatin' ashtray)
Mustard and ketchup in squeeze bottles. (Making me so hungry for fries right now.)
Table is checked not in the traditional gingham but in a hypnotic, nearly Escher-like fashion.
Christmas lights strung up, with those fat, old bulbs that burn hotter than a mother.

Oh, here's what's wrong.  I found it:  I'm not there, joining the conversation! (The one from my imagination. Not the one in the movie.)

2 comments:

  1. I wish you were included in that conversation. That was a pretty uneventful, strained exchange between Jim and Tom. At least, we got a little peek at what the juke box didn't contain. Now, I will forever wonder what it did contain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim...ha! Imagine both of us included in that conversation...would take a completely different turn, I'd wager. But Iggy would still probably split early. Was it something we said?

    ReplyDelete