Sunday, September 30, 2012

Football finally grows a hair

Let your freak flag fly, dude!
 

I don't pay much attention to the NFL. Football seasons come and go, and I am largely oblivious to all the hub-bub and hullaballoo. I have tried, but have found I am unable to watch an entire game all the way through. I acknowledge this is due to some failing on my part. I lack a certain gene that other spectators have, allowing them to feel excitement, while I feel as if my brain is digging, scavenging old radio parts and bed boards to construct a system of tunnels, as in the movie the Great Escape.

So I was not aware that something beautiful has been unfolding on the football field. Namely, the cascading, flowing  tresses of NFL players.

They are growing their hair. They are letting it fall out of their helmets and onto their shoulders. Now THIS is something I could watch!



More typically, football players have been clean-cut. But these guys are hairy. They are hairy noon and night. They are hairy high and low.


Don't ask him why. He don't know. 


A home for fleas. A hive for the buzzing bees. A nest for birds. There ain't no words. 
 For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of their hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
 
 
They want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy
 


Shining, gleaming, streaming
Flaxen, waxen


Knotted, polka-dotted
Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied! 
 
 

 
 Their hair like Jesus wore it
Hallelujah I adore it!
 

Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
Their hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment