Thursday, October 13, 2011

Random Things Simone Digs

And now friends, it's time for another installment of "Random Things Simone Digs."  Because when it comes to random things that I dig, no one should be left to wonder.

Here are some things I currently dig:

The aluminum block letters outside Lilah's high school that look like they're from the 1970's. They are missing an "N", so that they only read "Gym asium."I dig that. I hope they don't put the N back, or replace all the letters with something more updated.

The Town Topic patty melt. I dig it. I want to go eat one right now. I could too. Town Topic is open all night.

A road I just discovered that goes from Lenexa to Olathe, alongside the railroad tracks and warehouses of that ugly industrial stretch that parallels I-35.This road is continuous and unbroken but seems to take you nowhere. It would be deserted on a Sunday morning. It would be a good road for driving on bleak winter days when one is feeling bleak

My secret stash of chocolate. Don't ask. But know that I dig it.

The electronically rotating tone wheels of a Hammond organ from instrumental lounge recordings of the 50's and 60's, as heard on my new "Organs in Orbit" cd. God I dig the sound of that Hammond! Imagine "The Girl From Impanena" played in an otherworldly space-age style.

Bean soup. Dig it.

Ham radios. Dig.

Stay tuned, for more Random Things Simone Digs.


4 comments:

  1. If you got rid of the "y","m", and "i" and went with the bean soup...well, it could be like a double-dig.

    H.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hal, it would be a double-something alright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know how you found that road to nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was coming back from a volleyball game in Olathe ---a part of the greater metro area I don't know very well. I had seen a road called Kansas City drive on the map that looked like it cut a big diagonal, from southwest to northeast, so when I happened upon the road I decided to try it, and I just followed it, and it turned into a road to nowhere, though it did eventually lead me all the way back to Overland Park.

    ReplyDelete