Friday, April 22, 2016

I'm So Darn Resourceful!

Got to work and realized to my horror I'd left my lipstick at home. And my lip pencil which had always been my back-up had broke and I'd thrown it out. What ever was I to do?

Then I tried brushing my powder blush on my lips, and it worked. Good enough, anyway, to keep me from looking bloodless. A resourceful gal always finds a way!      


  1. I'm sure you looked lovely, at least for a little while.


    The main ingredient in most blushes is talc, which may be contaminated with carcinogenic asbestos fibres. The US National Toxicology Panel has found that talc can be toxic and carcinogenic even if it is free of asbestos. Silica, if it is present in powdered blushes, may also damage the lungs and respiratory system. Alumina, used in many conventional blushes as an anti-caking agent, is considered to be a neurotoxin. Colour in blushes is usually provided by hazardous coal tar dyes, including dyes such as D&C Red 7 Lake and FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, both of which are neurotoxic. Acrylate compounds, commonly used as thickening agents, can be strong irritants. Parabens, BHT and diazolidinyl urea are all used to preserve blushes, with parabens being the most widely-used. Parabens can disrupt the endocrine system and have been found in breast cancer tumours."

  2. Uh-oh!!! No more blush shall pass these lips. Maybe I'll just go back to drinking whiskey to put color in my cheeks!!