Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I'm Going to Miss the YELLING

I guess I like the old, clunky ways.

The National Weather Service is going to stop "yelling" at us in all caps when treacherous weather approaches.

Like this:

SUPERCELL PRODUCING SOFTBALL-SIZE HAIL. TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY.


    They say they no longer need to shout because announcements don't go out by telegraph anymore.     Maybe that's true, but I like the slightly alarmist tone of their blocky capitalized font. It                       conjures up old meteorologists with their barometric pressure gauges and their weather balloons.         And I for one, find that a comfort, in the face of a nasty storm.       

1 comment:

  1. I SAW THIS! I'm glad you posted your opinion on this topic. It's about damn time someone said something about it.

    ReplyDelete