Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kerouac Quoted

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

"What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? — it's the too-huge world vaulting us, and it's good-by. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies."

"It seemed like a matter of minutes when we began rolling in the foothills before Oakland and suddenly reached a height and saw stretched out ahead of us the fabulous white city of San Francisco on her eleven mystic hills with the blue Pacific and its advancing wall of potato-patch fog beyond, and smoke and goldenness of the late afternoon of time."

“I hope it is true that a man can die and yet not only live in others but give them life, and not only life, but that great consciousness of life.”

“All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together.”

“I was going to be left alone on my butt at the other end of the continent. But why think about that when all the golden land's ahead of you and all kinds of unforseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you're alive to see?”

“My witness is the empty sky.”

“Mainly I've been back to my books and writings and being nice and quiet and lazy. As I'm writing this, the radio says there's a foot of snow falling on Long Island. I really love snow and wish I could take a long walk in it right now.”

“Write in recollection and amazement for yourself”

2 comments:

  1. i love these words. i think maybe i wrote them before i was born, then ol' jack, he channeled me and took the credit, that rapscallion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the ol' rapscallion Jack channeling you before you were even born!

    ReplyDelete