Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful


I'm thankful I'm not a Pilgrim
I'm thankful this will be my last post about Pilgrims for awhile
I'm thankful I was too busy feasting yesterday to update my blog
I'm thankful I'm spending Black Friday in the warmth of my bathrobe and not in a mall
I'm thankful I still have a half gallon of milk in the fridge and don't need to run to the store
I'm thankful it's 11:15 am and the kids haven't asked for breakfast yet
Im thankful for my pinon incense that makes my house smell like a wood fire; I think I'll go light some right now
I'm thankful for anyone who reads this post
I'm thankful that 53 days ago I was in Colorado and I can still remember it like it was yesterday
I'm thankful I'm blogging right now and not working on my grant proposal or my 3000 word paper, which will soon dominate my every waking moment over the next ten days.
I'm thankful I can blog even when I have absolutely nothing to say
I'm thankful for the feelings I have felt deeply, am one who feels deeply, that I'm free to feel, and am deeply thankful for deep feelingness for which I freely thank
I'm thankful for knowing things in my heart and soul that no one can dispute or take away from me
I'm thankful for many things I will not express openly, but when no one's looking they make me smile

3 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for ... bourbon balls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for the greatest gift of all....life.

    ReplyDelete