Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Not Any Big Red Cat


Not this
Not any
Big red cat
my muse appearing
thinks he is
don’t be taken in
it’s rhythmic
rhythhhhmic
but he’s a bounder
so scattered
I don’t believe
In any big red cat
The trees are straining
against my weather
They’re clear blown out of here
A field stripped and yellow
The wheat has left
All scattered
And
I
Drop
Have learned to land that way
Dead-ahead horizon
My muse appearing
goofy big red cat
rises
stop standing around like a man!
holds out the absurd
guileless, pretending
don’t follow
it’s all stick figures jumping
marbles spinning
sea monkeys my parents gave me
don’t believe it
Not in any
Or anything close
To big red cat



1 comment:

  1. Yes--your muse! It's flowing! I love this poem--I'm jealous (but in a good way)! I really really like this...man, I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete