LIGHT/DARK MODE

Fall Is Here and So Is Its Garden!

Fall isn't messing around. The very first day and it's lettin' us know.  I was out last night after dark, walking, feeling too warm in shorts and a tee. Then boom---the earth turned, the dial clicked over to the EQUINOX setting, the temps dropped --and it's HERE! The cloudy, cool weather that has me reaching for my jacket.    

So HAPPY FALL!

And in celebration of fall I want to highlight the gorgeous, vibrant autumnal blooms in our native gardens-- planted by daughter Annabelle! Beautiful goldenrod, columbine and other names I can't remember but need to ask Annabelle to tell me again, lol.





Like these tall grasses....what were they? I don't know but they're beautiful. See our volunteer sunflowers that nobody planted but probably grew from all the sunflower bird see I used to throw down when this was all honeysuckle!



This sleepy-assed gnome is all asnooze in a luscious patch of BUFFALO GRASS!  One of my favorite things in our gardens---I grew up with it western Kansas and am homesick for it. Well it's going gangbusters in our garden, giving our lethargic gnome a comfy bed.  



     A second, more alert gnome watches over the prickly pear, black-eyed Susans and other things         growning in our rock garden, lined with the many, many rocks I hauled back from my many, many trips to western Kansas.







Out front of the house, a second native plant garden glows more glorious goldenrod, and other lovely pollinators, reaching their peak, now that it's fall.









Comments

Random Old Baloney

Insert whomping good organ music here.

It's Not Just a Physical Thing

Our essence is spirit. Our existence----boundless.

Subscribe to Free The Human Beings

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

instagram @monyhere