LIGHT/DARK MODE

I Wanna Drive a Big Rectangle




I used to think a 1980's Volvo wagon was the ultimate in mobile rectangularity, but this is the real beast. It'd be like driving a giant shoebox. Check out that greenhouse, and the space in the back where bread used to be. Talk about van life!  For such a road hog it's a cheerful truck. I could buy candy and have someone tossing it out the back, like we were in a parade. Free treats for everyone! 

I'd drive friends around and they'd be agog at the view out that big windshield. But it would mostly be parked on my street because the gas would make it too expensive for me to go anywhere. The neighbors would likely complain. So I'd give them rides too, and then they'd be okay with it.

Butternut bread is the sort of bread they would use in a diner to make grilled cheese sandwiches. It's a classic, but I can't get it in a store near me.  Although the brand was owned by a KC-based company at one time, seems now it's largely sold in the Chicago area, where it originated--in 1893!  

A  few years ago I did see a Butternut Bread Truck on the road, oddly enough. It didn't have the classic chassis, but it had the loaf of bread painted to look as if it was levitating atop its own pure whitebread energy.  What was it doing in these parts? Was it a mirage? A ghost truck? I don't know, but I got a real hankering for a grilled cheese sandwich after that. 


Comments

Random Old Baloney

Insert whomping good organ music here.

It's Not Just a Physical Thing

Our essence is spirit. Our existence----boundless.

Subscribe to Free The Human Beings

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

instagram @monyhere